This should be one of your child's first science kits. The large, color coded magnets should be played with in Kindergarten. The first 15 activities explore which metals stick to magnets, magnetic poles, attract and repel, magnets through materials, and temporary magnets. The kits includes high quality, color coded, SAFE ceramic magnets. Activities in the first part of the book. Draw with iron filings. Discover what sticks to magnets. Levitate and bounce rings. Swim a duck. Make a temporary magnet. Detect iron. Go fishing. Play with magnetic poles Sometime between second and third grade children should revisit this book, repeat their favorite activities, and do the more advanced projects in the second part of the book. Advanced Activities. Build an electromagnet - then flip the poles. Construct a compass. Visualize the lines of magnetic force. Explore compass directions. Discover how motors work
Warning: Choking Hazard-small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs. This toy contains magnet or magnet components. Magnet sticking togethr or becoming attached to a metallic object inside the human body can cause serious or fatal injury. See immediate medical help if magnet are swallowed or inhaled.
: CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.
- 22 activities with easy to follow step by step book.
- Includes 1 compass, 3 red & white ceramic ring magnet, 1 plain mystery ceramic magnet, 1 north/south ceramic bar magnet, sealed iron filings, parts to make an electromaget, paper clips, duck & fish cutouts, assorted parts and a 40 page book.
- Brand: ScienceWiz.
- Item Number: 17749.
- Manufacturer Number: 7801.
- UPC: 630227078010.
- Recommended for ages : 8 to 12.
- Measures approximately: 8.13 x 1.50 x 10.25 inches..
- Weighs approximately: 1.00 lbs.
- Gender: Both.